While restaurants and retail stores serve very different purposes, they have a few things in common when it comes to specifying coatings. Both include public spaces that must present an attractive, inviting appearance to customers, and both have “back of the house” areas that need hard-wearing, washable coatings that can handle a lot of abuse. This course will take a closer look at the types of high performance coatings that should be specified for these types of projects.
- Identify the basic features of latex, acrylic, and epoxy coatings.
- Describe the advantages of a pre-catalyzed water based epoxy coating.
- Name a type of high performance coating suitable for a restaurant kitchen.
- Define metamerism.
- Know how to calculate the life cycle cost of a coating.
- List factors that contribute to a coating’s sustainability.