This course looks at how stacked function stormwater systems provide benefits including cost savings, reduced environmental impact, and open space creation. Creative policy structures and implementation strategies are required to overcome existing cultural, institutional, and logistical barriers.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of stacked function stormwater systems.
- Assess a district’s potential as a site for a district-scale stacked function stormwater system.
- Understand how stormwater policies are utilized to leverage capital and incentivize stakeholders.
- Pursue creative strategies for district stormwater implementation.
- Develop a cost benefit analysis for a stacked function stormwater system.