This course will provide a thorough introduction to the relationship between windows and energy efficiency and the importance of installing appropriate windows with high performance technologies.
- Discuss how window performance improves the building’s comfort and energy efficiency.
- Describe how the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) program tests and rates windows.
- Discuss how the American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA) tests and rates windows.
- Identify high performance window technologies that increase energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Discuss what criteria must be met in order for windows to contribute to various standards, codes and voluntary practices for performance and energy efficiency.