Sustainable, permeable, concrete unit paving is a long-respected solution for stormwater management in large parking areas. However, a new era in permeable paver systems creates design potential that is much wider in application and more aesthetically diverse than parking lot applications.
Moving well beyond parking lots, the potential for permeable paver systems has expanded to include promenades, plazas, park hardscapes, walkways, entry courtyards, and other important outdoor spaces. Thanks to modern and ever expanding finishes, colors, shapes, sizes and technologies, designers no longer need to compromise their design intent to provide sustainable permeability for these applications.
- Describe the expanded design choices for permeable unit pavers in today's market and the suitable applications.
- Identify how permeable paving products can contribute to sustainable site design.
- Explain the system components, performance capabilities, and installation procedures for permeable paving.
- Understand the cost benefits of permeable pavers over other systems.
- Review best maintenance practices of permeable pavements for all seasons.