Cooking and eating outside are not only enjoyable, but contribute to good health and a good mood. Outdoor kitchens and outdoor spaces are growing in popularity, according to architects. But in order for the kitchen to truly serve the client, and add benefit to their lives, the space must be well designed for functionality.
The course will review the specifics for designing a successful and complete kitchen, including ascertaining the clients’ needs, assessing the site, determining the construction technique, specifying appliances, and making sure all the details of lighting, heating, cooling, and aesthetics are wisely specified. With intelligent and thoughtful design of a fully functional outdoor kitchen, you are likely to provide a place your clients will use and enjoy for many years.
- Evaluate a client’s outdoor cooking and entertaining needs.
- Assess the proposed site for a complete outdoor kitchen.
- Apply proven indoor kitchen design principles to the specific needs of the outdoors.
- Discuss options in outdoor kitchen equipment.
- Identify common outdoor kitchen design mistakes and misconceptions and how to avoid them.