This course will provide evidence that Redwood Timbers offer a strong, durable option for building projects without sacrificing quality or elegance. It will explore the use
of Redwood Timbers for post and beam construction, entryways, decorative elements, and outdoor living structures such as pergolas and gazebos. The course will provide comparisons between Redwood and other timber options.
It will also provide information about Redwood’s compliance with California’s Wildland-Urban Interface (WUI), thanks to its natural resistance to fire.
And, finally, this course will provide evidence
about sustainable forestry practices and how
that relates to quality lumber products.
- Describe the strength and durability characteristics of Redwood Timbers for use in post and beam construction, entryways, and outdoor living structures.
- Define Redwood Timber basics, including lumber grades and applications that will help designers choose the right Redwood Timber for a project.
- Describe the natural fire resistance properties of redwood.
- Identify the most sustainable forest management methods and better understand the sustainability of the wood product they use.
- Understand how Redwood Timbers may be eligible for credit under two leading green building programs.