Spray foam is an alternative to traditional fiberglass insulation. Its unique qualities make it extremely effective, environmentally friendly, and cost-efficient.
This course will provide an overview of how spray foam insulation compares to traditional insulation materials. The course will define spray foams for interior and exterior use, explain how spray foam insulation functions in residential and commercial buildings, and provide detailed information about the advantages of spray foam as a tool for reducing energy consumption and carbon footprints. The course will also discuss the use of recycled, renewable, and green materials in the production and application of spray foam.
- Discuss the importance of air barriers and insulation for reducing energy consumption and potential health and safety hazards in residential and commercial buildings.
- Describe open-cell and closed-cell spray foams and explain applications of each.
- Explain how spray foams work as a green and sustainable form of insulation.
- Identify uses of spray foam insulation to reduce fuel consumption.
- Discuss green features of spray foam insulation as opposed to traditional insulation materials and methods.