When designing and building a multifamily structure or other commercial project, outdoor railing is an important consideration. While railing’s key purpose is safety, you must also keep in mind other factors such as aesthetics, cost, and durability. The purpose of this course is to help you make the right choices for your railing project that will result in a long-lasting product that is safe, beautiful, and cost effective.
- Explain the pros and cons of various railing materials.
- Recognize important safety codes and requirements for stairs and balcony railing.
- Identify challenges related to commercial railing projects.
- Select optimal fabrication method for commercial railing projects to address challenges.
- Determine appropriate railing customizations to meet project needs.