This course will help interior designers and architects to better understand and effectively articulate the concept of sound transmission through walls, ceilings, and floors and how various products affect it.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the basics of sound transmission
- Describe test procedures and ratings for wall systems, ceilings, and floor/ceiling assemblies
- Describe isolation of sounds for wall systems, ceilings, and floor/ceiling assemblies.
- Describe the fundamental nature of sound transmission in buildings.
- Describe measurement methods and ratings of sound transmission through walls, ceilings, and floor/ceiling assemblies.
- Describe sound transmission flanking paths and their importance.
- Describe methods for reducing sound transmission through various building assemblies.