The goal of this learning unit is to educate architects, specifiers, and designers on the current issues, concerns, benefits and influences on potable water in the United States. In addition, this course will educate participants on the different types of systems and solutions available for residential water filtration and treatment.
- Identify and recognize the nature of water quality issues and the role that government plays in identifying safe drinking water.
- Investigate the multiple threats to good water quality that come from water sources and water distribution systems.
- Assess the nature of onsite water treatment and filtration systems for use in residential buildings.
- Explore the positive environmental impacts that can be obtained from on-site residential water treatment and filtration.
- Specify residential water treatment and filtration products based on common criteria.