Sensing technologies based on electronics are often used for hands-free activation of plumbing fittings such as faucets to improve user accessibility, overall hygiene, and restroom cleanliness. Electronic plumbing fittings offer sanitary, touch-free operation, while conserving water and energy because they only dispense water when the sensor detects a user and can also limit water delivery duration.
The advantages of sensor-operated faucets extend beyond the public restroom to almost any other type of handwashing station, especially in applications requiring the highest levels of cleanliness. This course will cover how electronic sensor faucets improve hygiene in commercial settings and contribute to water conservation. Electronic sensor faucet technologies, applications, and industry regulations will be discussed.
- Understand how electronic sensor faucets improve hygiene in commercial settings.
- Examine the various technologies, options and settings available in electronic sensor faucets.
- Describe the importance of electronic sensor faucet selection for specific markets and applications.
- Identify how electronic sensor faucets contribute to water conservation.
- Understand how regulatory compliance factors into electronic sensor faucet selection.