For highly trafficked durable spaces and buildings requiring higher resilience, architects are turning to enhanced-performance gypsum and glass-mat interior wallboard for their wall and ceiling designs.
With hurricanes Harvey, Maria and Irma, western wildfires, and other weather and climate-related disasters wreaking havoc across the nation in 2017, the U.S. incurred a record $306 billion in damages during the year, according to the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Highlight the growing importance of moisture and mold resistance, good indoor air quality, and long-lasting interiors.
- Spell out the pros associated with selecting enhanced gypsum and/or glass-mat wallboard panels.
- Delineate the abuse- and impact-resistant, acoustical, and moisture and mold-resistant properties of wallboard.
- Highlight the importance of fire safety and the exceptional long-standing fire performance provided by gypsum panels.
- Compare the enhanced durability, mold resistance and pre-rock construction advantages of glass-mat wallboard usage with standard gypsum products.