This particular study marries architectural research and design forecasting practices to review the clay roof market under a forensic “design microscope.” Much of the material presented highlights emerging trends for Early Adopters to Early Majority consumers of luxury contemporary design and is ideal for architects, builders, and developers focused on that segment. Additionally, a portion of the material presented identifies more progressive design topics, which highlights “out-of-the-box” ideas for custom residential and commercial projects.
- Identify the three segments of the existing clay market.
- Evaluate the ways in which clay roofs are being paired with emerging and existing architectural trends, including but not limited to transitional, gabled modern, and contemporary styles.
- List the color groups that are becoming more prominent in roofing trends.
- Name the alternative application for clay roof tile that is ideal for progressive design projects.
- Explain and evaluate architectural, cultural, and consumer changes that have the potential to impact the future of roofing.