This course explores the evolution of Masonry Veneer Systems in the marketplace and how they function. You will learn how insulated masonry veneer systems can meet durability, code compliance and aesthetic requirements for building projects. The course also covers the important properties of insulated masonry veneer systems and the codes that govern them. When completed, you will have a better understanding of how to specify these systems for various projects.
- Understand the challenges of multi-clad projects.
- Identify the importance and relevance of the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), and the required testing for compliance.
- Evaluate the key physical properties that impact long term performance of these systems.
- Understand how insulated masonry veneer systems can meet code compliance and durability while allowing for the desired aesthetics to be met for the project.
- Determine best practices to properly specify Insulated Masonry Veneer Systems.