Not all concrete paving materials are created equal. To withstand harsh environments and heavy use with minimal color and surface wear, paving products should employ the latest technologies and manufacturing processes available. This will ensure that the architect, landscape architect, or engineer is specifying highly durable concrete pavers. Today, the range of color and finish options are greater than ever before, allowing the designer to explore creative options with a supportive manufacturer. This course explores how to recognize, design, and build with the highest quality concrete pavers available in the industry.
- Describe the history of concrete pavers
- Understand the manufacturing process and standards of concrete paving stones
- List new paver technology and industry trends
- Understand the diversity of application types available
- Examine the potential options for contribution to LEED criteria