This course will cover the evolution of doorway systems and how new design solutions allows project teams to improve the functionality, accessibility, and safety of today’s building entrances.
- Discuss how to design entrances using automatic sliding and swinging doors to fully address ADA compliance and the needs of physically challenged individuals.
- Describe how automatic door systems function and considerations for accommodating their footprints and operational aspects in the overall building design.
- List key criteria for choosing a door system or configuration for a specific application, based on ADA and general principles of use.
- Explain how safety and security devices and actuators have expanded the functionality of door systems, including for ADA applications.
- Reconcile the use of automatic door systems with building codes and ANSI guidelines.