Insulation is one of the most important elements of a building. It conserves energy, reduces sound and resists fire. Mineral wool comes in many forms including batts, board, rolls, loose fill, and acoustical products and is suitable for a wide range of applications, from exterior curtain walls to interior acoustical ceiling tiles or panels.
- Describe rock and slag wool products, including their properties
- Define different terms used to describe rock and slag wool
- List the various applications for rock and slag wool products in commercial buildings
- Recognize the inherent properties of rock and slag wool products around fire safety, acoustics, thermal performance and sustainability
- List different resources where you can find further information to aid in its specification