Concrete is the primary material used to construct many above and below-grade structures. It is naturally porous and thus can absorb and weep water. For structures at or below grade where water infiltration may cause structural damage, concrete should be treated with waterproofing. This course will introduce you to concrete water proofing with crystalline technology.
- Describe how crystalline technology works with concrete to provide high performance waterproofing qualities
- Explain the difference between porosity, permeabilityand the mechanics by which water is absorbed through concrete structures
- Discuss how crystalline waterproofing technology works to improves the durability of concrete structures and reduce maintenance
- Identify the appropriate crystalline technology product applications for various types of concrete construction
- Analyze how crystalline technology admixtures can impact building life cycle and project construction costs