This course provides guidance for architects, specifiers, waterproofing contractors, and other professionals considering use and advantages in the selection or specification of air and water barriers for the design and installation of integrated structural panel and air and water barrier systems. Topics covered include: introduction to air and water barriers, structural panels, code and regulatory requirements when designing for energy code compliance, and common design and installation practices and techniques.
- Understand the purpose of air and water barriers, as well as their makeup in building enclosures.
- Become familiarized with the various types of air and water barrier systems and assemblies, and their comparative advantages.
- Understand the codes and standards that govern air and water barriers.
- Differentiate between traditional and integrated air and water barrier systems.
- Learn installation best practices related to integrated air and water barrier systems.