Composite materials have been used for thousands of years and new applications are identified each year. As one of the first modern composite materials, fiberglass is at the forefront of this innovation.
This course will familiarize you with the basic aspects of fiberglass composites, specifically pultruded fiberglass, and target their usefulness and environmental advantages in the window and door industry.
- Discuss how composite materials provide predictable, sustainable and superior performance characteristics over other materials.
- Explain the production of fiberglass composites and the advantages of the pultrusion process.
- Identify the performance characteristics of pultruded fiberglass for doors and windows and how it compares to other materials.
- Discuss finishes for pultruded fiberglass windows and how they meet AAMA quality standards.
- Describe case studies of pultruded fiberglass windows and doors in various projects for performance, resiliency, and sustainability.