After completion of the course, participants will understand the inter-related elements of the back-ventilated and drained-cavity (BVDC [open-joint, “rainscreen” systems]) wall designs that determine performance, cost, and visual appearance and be equipped with questions and a framework to qualify manufacturers and work collaboratively to develop design solutions and specifications that leverage the unique advantages of Architectural UHPC.
- Describe wall system options for cladding open-joint, back-ventilated facades with Architectural UHPC.
- Identify critical factors for wall assembly design.
- Explain cost drivers for manufacturing and installing Architectural UHPC facade panels.
- List the types and benefits of pre-fabricated, unitized solutions utilizing Architectural UHPC.
- Discuss how to work with a manufacturer to develop budget pricing, a specification, and timeline.