This course provides evidence that Redwood Timbers are a safe, strong, and sustainable option for exterior and interior building projects where natural wood is desired. It will explore the use of Redwood Timbers for post and beam construction, decorative elements, deck posts, and outdoor living structures such as arbors, pergolas, and gazebos. The course also provides information about Redwood’s insulation properties and Class B flame spread, as well as details about modern redwood forestry management practices that ensure Redwood will remain a renewable natural resource into the future. Finally, this course provides details on the product attributes of Redwood Timbers including grades, dimensions, fasteners, finishing options, and strength among others.
Webinar On-Demand: This On Demand CEU is a recorded presentation from a previously live webinar event.
- Understand Redwood Timber grades, properties, and uses for durable structures.
- Understand Redwood’s Class B flame spread in accordance with ASTM standards.
- Understand how California state forestry requirements compare with the two primary forest certification programs, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
- Identify Redwood Timbers as a renewable resource native to California.
- Explore case studies featuring the usage of Redwood Timbers in both exterior and interior building applications.
Pre-requisite: Basic knowledge of wood construction.