This course will focus on the use of unitized skylights to enhance the well-being of the occupants within the build environment. The course will look at how skylights are incorporated and considerations that impact their use. In addition, the course will analyze how skylights can provide superior performance standards, meet fire testing requirements, enhance energy efficiency and provide creative solutions for the built environment. In addition, various applications and case studies will be described to help learners understand how the use of skylights impacted the health and wellness of the occupants.
- Define the term, unitized skylights, and how they are incorporated in the built environment design to improve occupant experience.
- Describe unitized skylight anatomy and considerations that impact the use of skylights to impact the occupants of the building.
- Analyze how unitized skylights can provide superior performance standards, meet fire testing requirements, enhance energy efficiency and provide creative solutions for the built environment.
- Identify how the health and wellness of occupants benefit from the specification of unitized skylighting.
- Explore various applications and case studies where skylights enhanced the design of the project.
Pre-requisite: Basic knowledge of daylighting strategies.